Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Winter flowers

In my winter garden, there isn't too much in flower presently. What is in flower though is lovely. The tiny little violets that can scent a whole room with just a tiny posy.


The jonquils are just starting to open up. I think they are a great bulb. They never fail to come back up year after year and have a very spring fragrance although the weather is cold.

Last July, I started exteding the front garden bed and path from the herb garden. For no reasons other than laziness and a lack of motivation, I did no more to it until Monday. Nearly a whole year with a garden bed that was more in my mind than in reality. A few hours work (with the help of my son) and it is almost ready to be planted out. I'm a bit ashamed of myself really for dilly dallying so long.
Tracy

2 comments:

Paola said...

I love the violets too.

Linda said...

The last two beds we made at the new house took a very long time each. We haven't finished planting out the second one. They have been well worth it though.

I like wintersweet, it is like a tree. It is not here, I will have to go visit it on the school holidays and pick some to smell in the kitchen.