Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

The autumn weather is certainly doing wonders for the garden. The dahlias are blooming lovely and would have been perfect for the local show which was scheduled for next week. Unfortunately due to some issues with venues and possibly some show society bureaucratic red tape, the show has been cancelled this year.

Dahlia Tiger Bey

Dahlia Lemon Snow
Parsnip flowers
I might have missed the ideal moment to plant our garlics for the year but they have always grown well before. I don't really garden according to any philosophy in particular but like to borrow bits and pieces from all styles to work out what suits us best here.


Last week I finally spent my Christmas gift voucher from my parents. I'm a sucker for birdhouses and this rustic looking metal one really caught my eye. The problem with a gift voucher is that it is just so hard to make a choice. I'm happy with my choice though. At the moment it is hanging on the verandah but will probably make a move to its permanent home soon.
Tomorrow is the cricket grand final. It has been a long season with the Christams holidays in the middle. We now move on to hockey for the winter season. It will certainly be a change of pace from the cricket not to mention much cooler too. I'm hoping to start a new craft project to keep my hands busy while I watch the games.
Tracy

5 comments:

BubzRugz said...

The dahlia's are looking really lovely and your bird house is just awesome..... I used to so enjoy watching my boys play cricket.... I miss it a lot now they have grown up and left home!
Have a good weekend...
Hugz

Lisa said...

Your birdhouse has a gothic air.

Tania said...

I love the birdhouse, I am a fond of them too.

Its a shame that the local show has been cancelled, seems to be happening a lot more in country areas now. Your flowers are certainly putting on a beautiful show for themselves at the moment.

Tania

Anonymous said...

Isn't that always the way... If the show was on it would be raining and your flowers wouldn't be looking nice at all....
Love your little bird house too. I'd love to do a stitichery or applique.

Unknown said...

Love that birdhouse. Hope the birds like it too! xo m.