Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Time to slow down.

With a month of 2012 already over, it is time to slow down and get back in to some sort of routine and bring things back into focus. Things have been too hectic over the past couple of weeks for my tastes. A very rainy day like today is a good opportunity to sit down, organise and make plans because going outside today will only be for necessary activities such as animal care.




The cotton plant with its pretty leaves.



I'm sure others have that feeling sometimes that the way things are going on a day-to-day basis is not how they see their lives in the big picture. For example in my case, gardening is a big part of my life. It is something that I not only enjoy but use as a tool to provide for our family and reduce our cost of living. I love doing it and I don't want to stop but recently with being away and having a busy mind, I have only tended sporadically to the garden and have not been as active in collecting and using our own produce as I usually am or as I would like to be.

I actually wrote the above a couple of days ago and the internet connection would not allow me to post (or do anything internet related for that matter). I am glad to say that I am feeling more like me again and have been busy with our little farm but not too busy. Thankfully the balance at the moment is just right and we have been enjoying the bounty that we can grow. I am also glad to say that it has stopped raining for now. So finally some washing is getting dry and the sun is brightening up the house. Damp washing on airers and dull days really do make my house feel messy.
Tracy

No comments: