Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Croceting and Knitting

 During the cooler months yarn craft always comes to the fore. The granny squares I am working on now are for a swap of squares in black, grey and white. They have a more masculine appeal I think which is a nice change from the brights and pastels and I might even give this blanket to one of the men in my life. They aren't often recipients of my crafting endeavours but everyone likes to snuggle up under a warm rug in the winter so I'm sure it will be appreciated.

I also spent a few minutes making a Mother's Day card for my mother in-law yesterday. I used the same pattern back in February to make a card and thought it would be a nice touch at this time too. It really takes next to no time and I am hoping she likes the homemade touch to her card this year. The pattern is here for anyone who might be interested.

As for other knitting and crochet projects, I could get lost on Ravelry. It is such a wealth of inspiration and instructions. The more you look, the more you want to make. Grace is hooked on crochet too and made a gift card wallet last night from a free Ravelry pattern although she usually prefers amigarumi.

This afternoon it is a trip to town. There is a second hand book sale on and we need a few things from the store too. Having only one car (and living 50km from town) means trips have to be planned and lists made because I won't be able to go back for a while. I am actually enjoying the feeling of not being able to go. It just feels so good to be at home.
Tracy

4 comments:

Fiona said...

Hi Tracy... haven't been around for a read for some time... I love the crochet squares you are making and what a lovely card... I'm sure your mum in law will love it... I see you have had changes at home and some hard decisions to make... never easy when it involves the children I know ... take care
Hugz

Lisa said...

The grays look good - I'm glad you're able to be home.

Janice said...

I'm just catching up on all my blog reading. It looks like you are getting all settled in for the winter. It sounds wonderful. Crochet, just being home and nice warming food.

Anonymous said...

Love the colours your are using in your crocheting :)