Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

A recipe- biscuits/ cookies

I don't think I have posted a recipe in a while and to be truthful, I haven't been doing much baking at all anyway. Too hot most of the time really. It's a pleasant 30 degrees C here today so the oven went on to make some chocolate biscuits/cookies with a twist... cayenne pepper to spice them up just a little bit.
 
 
Spicy Chocolate Chip biscuits
 
Ingredients
115 grams butter, softened
60 grams brown sugar
125 grams self raising flour
15 grams cocoa
1/4 teaspoon each cayenne, ground ginger and ground cinnamon
90 grams chocolate chips.
 
Method
Preheat oven to 180 deg C
Cream butter and sugar together
Stir in flour, spices, flour and chocolate chips until well combined.
Roll heaped teaspoons of mixture into a ball, place on lined tray and flatten slightly.
Bake for 20 minutes
Remove tray from oven and allow biscuits to cool.
Makes approximately 24.
 
If you have a favoured chocolate chip biscuit recipe then I think you could use that and just add the spices and cocoa (and perhaps a little milk to balance out the added dry ingredients).
 
The amount of cayenne only gives a hint of heat and I haven't had any complaints about them yet (except that I haven't made enough). They are apparently quite nice with a glass of cold milk if you're that way inclined.
 
The only drawback, cayenne pepper makes me sneeze no matter how careful I am.
 
Tracy
 


8 comments:

Lilbitbrit said...

Mr. B. would have a fit if his choc chip cookies were hot spiced, but I love chilli chocolate so think I would like your biscuits too.

Anonymous said...

oh these sound so yummy tracy ,thankyou for sharing your recipe.xx

Endah Murniyati said...

Yummy. Look so delicious! Thanks for sharing me your recipe.

Sharon said...

They sound yummy I will have to give this recipe a go xx

Becky said...

Looks delicious! I know your family will enjoy them.

Kim said...

Oh yum! These sound delicious. I am a bit nervous about the cayenne pepper though will give it a try!

Cathy Hetzel said...

Hi Tracy....Thanks for sharing your biscuit recipe....I made them the other day when my friends came over for a sewing get together and those who tried them loved them just like Jens and I do......I put chilli powder in mine as I had no cayenne pepper and they were delicious.....

trishie said...

Oh cayenne pepper sounds like a nice way to spice things up! I agree - it's far too hot to bake these days, and besides my little boy is doing a good job of keeping me busy.