Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

I should have gone shopping

 Or maybe I should have stayed in bed. I have been a bit clumsy all morning. A full jug of water spilt on the carpet, one of the hens pecked my leg when I fed them this morning and I made a sticky mess with a jar of honey. Actually it was only half a jar so only half as messy as it could have been.
 
 
 When it gets colder sometimes honey crystallises especially honey that is au naturel and hasn't been heat treated. There is nothing wrong with the honey at all and in a way it is like creamed honey but a bit grainier in texture. I needed runny honey though so I popped it in the microwave for a few minutes when obviously only a couple of minutes were needed. The honey was indeed runny and hot.

 
Thankfully the honey spill was the last of the dramas for the day. So far!
 
 I needed the honey to make some toasted muesli/ granola. I make it from time to time but usually buy it from the shops. This batch has oats, almond, sunflower seeds, coconut, dried fruit (pawpaw, pineapple, apricots, bananas, mango, dates and raisins), brown sugar and honey. I've written about making it before here if you want to try it for yourself. I'm already thinking about the next batch, extra pawpaw and pineapple, they are scrumptious. Maybe some goji berries or cranberries too.
 
Tracy

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Thanks for the timely reminder Tracy. I was wanting to buy ingredients this week to make my own granola but had forgotten about it. Hugs, xx

KERYN B said...

Tracy the granola looks amazing I will have to have a go at making some.