Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Sowing Day


Today is absolutely lovely. Not too hot, not too cold... just right. September is like that. I'm really glad on days like today that my job is an outdoors one.

As it was such a nice day I did some seed sowing. I still have plenty more seeds to get started especially tomatoes. Lots of tomatoes. I also want to sow some flower seeds too. I don't think you can have too many flowers.

Today I sowed:
  • pumpkins- direct and in pots
  • chillies
  • onions
  • eggplants- Caspar, Rosita and black bounty
  • sweetcorn- golden bantam
  • popcorn- golf ball
  • capsicum
  • purple asparagus
  • green artichoke
  • purple artichoke
  • cucumbers-lemon and large white
On tomorrow's sowing list
  • tomatoes
  • squash
  • zucchini
  • flowers- sunflowers ,alyssum, cosmos, marigolds, California poppy, zinnia, rudbeckia and whatever else I find in my seed box
  • beans
  • lettuce
  • melons
  • gourds
I have next to no self control when it comes to plant and seed purchases. I must say in my defence that a lot of my seeds and plants are  from my own saved seeds or from cuttings I have taken from my own plants. It is the cheapest way to fill up a garden.
Tracy

5 comments:

Leanne said...

You are going to have a fabulous garden, all those yummy foods and flowers.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy you sure have been busy,your garden is going to be awesome for homegrown goodness.xx

KERYN B said...

That photo of the farm is stunning - posctcard material. Boy you must have been busy today to get all that in the ground..

Sunnybrook Farm said...

It is nice to see your spring planting as it is cooling into fall here. Starting spring crops is one of the most fun things, of course then you have water and weed.

Tania said...

You are certainly organised with your planting Tracy.

I love that picture with the green paddocks. Our green has turned brown very quickly due to lack of rain and very warm days. 31C here tomorrow and I will be getting out in the garden. I need to get some of the beds ready. Hopefully it is a nice day like today and not windy and dusty :)

x