Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Such a lovely day

 Sometimes it is just right outside. Not always. Sometimes. And today is one of those days. Lots of flowers to look at, not too many weeds to make me feel guilty and just the right amount of sunshine. Enough vegetables in the garden to give me a choice.


The Chinese witch hazel is truly spectacular right now. It's hard to believe that the pink can be real it is so vibrant. Pink is my least favourite colour but I like this just fine.

 The lavenders are blooming.


I'll have  to wait a little longer for the English lavender plants to flower. That's ok, it extends the season of my very favourite plant.

What I have noticed is that I no longer have any white lavenders. Perhaps they aren't as hardy as the purple flowering types or perhaps they had done their time. Something for me to add to my birthday wish list anyway.

 
Oh and if anyone needs me this afternoon, I'll be somewhere in the vicinity of the jasmine. Most likely with a book and a cup of tea.
Tracy

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds good to me Tracy.xx

KERYN B said...

What a wonderful way to spend an afternoon.

Tania said...

Sounds lovely Tracy, and those flowers are beautiful. Got to love spring with all it's prettiness on display :)

Lisa said...

Oh, how nice that sounds! And I hope you get some white lavender for your birthday.

Lilbitbrit said...

Lovely way to spend ones time. The only thing is when you speak about spring, I know that winter is coming here.

Mrs. Doug said...

I love spring and summer and fall. We are now heading into winter. Just finishing up the harvest and soon the snow will be falling. We've had blizzards at the end of October... not unheard of.

I have never seen such beautiful lavender. You have lovely flowers and animals too.

Happy spring to you.