Pages

Monday, December 12, 2016

Countdown is on.


The inner child in me which is very close to the surface is always excited by this time of year. Advent, Christmas, a new fresh year to look forward to and the summer school holidays. For the time being this is our Christmas tree, the one at the council office in town. The countdown is on though. I will be able to put our tree up and decorate it next Tuesday. For a year that has sped by in a flash, I have had some long waiting to do too. This week will be one of those long waits while I wait and probably worry just a little or a lot. Keep calm and keep busy that should do the trick.

Tracy

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I suppose if you put up a real tree, it doesn't last too long in the heat - I never thought of that. That town tree in the photo is beautiful! I put up ours today in a new spot, and we really like it there. So far, it's just the white lights and a wide, red satin ribbon as a garland, and I'm not sure we're going to bother with any ornaments! We'll see. Henry's sleeping under it already.

River said...

Keeping calm and busy usually works, but the calm part isn't always easy.

kiwikid said...

Lovely tree...hope the waiting is over for you now. Thinking of you.