Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2016

December

Wow. Here we are in December already. After the cool and wet spring, summer is already striking back and it is HOT and starting to look a bit dry in the paddocks around the district. I know the vegetable garden wants me to water it every day but at the moment I am trying to stretch it to every second.


 I had a big surprise on Thursday morning. My very own Advent calendar all the way from Germany thanks to Grace. I'm loving it. 24 different teas, one for each day of December leading up to Christmas. I'm even loving that i can't understand a word of it except for "Tee" of course.


And hooray, fresh beans are on the menu. And there are a few tomatoes on their way too. I guess the heat is good for something besides melting the too many chocolatey temptations I have in the house.


And dahlias. Just getting the first blooms now. Slightly later than last year but a welcome spot of colour in the garden.

Ok. Off to have today's tea. I do believe it is Darjeeling.

Tracy

5 comments:

River said...

A tea advent calendar sounds wonderful, much better than the usual chocolate ones that melt in our Aussie summer heat. I hope all the teas are to your liking.
In Adelaide our Jacarandas are blooming at last, they got a later start this year, but now the streets are lined with purple.

doodles n daydreams said...

Darjeeling - yum - the champagne of teas. What a novel idea, Advent teas, I like it.

Diana

Janice said...

What a delightful gift from Grace. I can't believe you already have beans and dahlias. We are only just being brave enough to not cover for frosts.

Sharm said...

That is sooooo cool, an advent calendar all with teas instead of chocolates! Great idea!
Love the Dahlia.

Amy at love made my home said...

Hope you stay cool and enjoy your advent calendar!