Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

My cows.

I really enjoy having the cows close to home. Usually they are off in a more distant paddock and the only interaction is when I visit them to make sure they are ok and in good fettle. They are spending some time in the paddock nearest the house to 'mow' the grass.

Aunty

Now that it is warm, they have their summer coats on. Thankfully they keep their fringes no matter the temperatures. Actually I think the fringes make perfect fly veils for them. They would annoy me terribly.

Mother

Trilby


 When they are not eating grass, they prune. Roses have had a bit of a trim. Yesterday the apricot tree.


before

after

And the Jerusalem artichoke 😢.

 I have been known to shed a tear or have a rant when sheep, cows , chickens, people, possums... anything gets into my garden. But not today. I'm going to move the girls across the road so the garden is safe. I'm sure the artichokes will grow all the better with the haircut. I hope.

Tracy

PS River, the cows are Scottish Highlands.

8 comments:

Jeanette said...

Love your cows Tracy. I'd love to have them if i was ever to get a small farm. Hope your artichokes grow back. Hugs,xx

Anonymous said...

oh no Tracy,hope it all grows back xx

River said...

Thank you, I had been wondering. They sure had a go at the artichokes! I do hope they grow back better than before. Apricots are my favourite fruit, there's no way I could let any animal prune that tree for me :)

kiwikid said...

Your girls are beautiful, I hope the fringes to keep the flies away. Ohhhhh that pruning was a bit severe wasn't it!!

Janice said...

They are lovely girls. If they are Jeruselum artichokes I reckon the will be fine.

Tracy said...

Oh yes, that fringe would annoy me too, although I bet it does work wonders as a fly veil! I think they are just wanting to help you out in the garden, I do hope the artichoke survives xx

Unknown said...

Oh they are SO cute! I would be looking at them and photographing them all day!

Chookyblue...... said...

it is amazing how far they can reach when they want something..............
The 12 poddies one goat and one lamb got into mine a few weeks ago..........had to replant beans, corn, watermelon......lucky they found the bale of hay I had in for a wind break........