Pages

Monday, January 2, 2017

Hello 2017

What a lovely way to welcome a new year. 87mm of rain in our rain gauge overnight. I think most of it fell in about an hour yesterday afternoon. Very welcome was the rain too, the past few days have been awfully hot and humid. I'm used to the dry heat so the humidity is a little hard to handle. 






Towards the end of 2016 I was contemplating taking a month or so away from being online but I have decided that I just don't want to. I have a fairly good balance between being online and off and the friendships that I have here are real and valuable and I don't particularly want to be away from those friendships for a month.

Anyway!
It's that time of year when I update my notebooks. address books and make plans and goals for the year ahead. No resolutions for me, just goals and aims. Except of course my usual resolution to give up chocolate. So far so good 😜. In the past I have managed to last until Easter.

In 2017 I aim to be more kind to myself and others, write more, be more creative and do more of what I love.

On the home and gardening front. I'm aiming to get a few things crossed off my list like install a new kitchen. A new kitchen has been on my wishlist for more years than I care to remember.
Keep up to date with my gardening and grow good things to eat.

Creativity was sorely lacking in my life last year. I have a pretty dishcloth on my knitting pins and some mail art and journalling on the go too. Just easing my way back in to making and creating.

Happy 2017.
Tracy

8 comments:

River said...

We had a similar amount of rain here and it was very welcome. I don't do New Year resolutions, but I am going to try to lose some weight. I remember giving up chocolate once, long ago now. I was shopping and looked at the array of chocolate on the shelves and just didn't want any. I turned away. I was younger and working full time and lost 13kg. it's all back now, plus a bit extra :(
I remember the craze for knitting your own dishcloths too and thought it was a great idea, so I bought cotton yarn and knitted a cloth and then couldn't use it. It was far too pretty to get all wet and greasy, so now it sits on a cupboard in my room with a candle and a couple of other things on it.

Sharm said...

I know what you mean, it's this time of year I sit down with notebooks making goals and lists for the year ahead ....something I really look forward to doing each year .....and I'm glad to hear we won't be missing you for a month! Take care my friend

Chookyblue...... said...

wow what a great start to the year 87mls..........about 87 spots here.........very sad........
I to value my online friendships........

Linda P said...

I'm glad you will continue blogging. I haven't had the opportunity to blog so much in 2016 and that will probably continue this year as I try and balance time on the computer with other activities or take and rest for my health's sake. Wishing you a good new year with lots of time for crafting as well as your outdoor work.

Lisa said...

Happy New Year, Tracy! xo Yes, the humidity is not pleasant.

kiwikid said...

That is a lot of rain to get over night Tracy. We had some humid weather here too, it is hard to do things when the weather is like that. Good luck with your goals and aims for this year, sounds like you have a great balance planned.

Tania said...

Sounds like the weather we had here Tracy. The humidity was terrible and it sent my drying fruit mouldy!

I like your list. Nice and simple and easy to achieve (except the chocolate of course!).

Hope you have a great year!

xTania

Janice said...

Wow! What a lovely day top of rain. We've had about 2mm. Today is nice and cool which is rather pleasant. I do hope all your goals are achieved this year. Have fun planning your new kitchen.